University of California, Davis
Total respondents: 477
1. Which class are you in?
2. Which college are you in?
3. Please indicate if any classes you are currently
enrolled in require that you use the following instructional
resources (check ALL that apply):
4. What is the minimum amount of on-line time your
instructors require of you per week to carry out your
assignments (check the box for the number
that represents the total for all your classes)?
5. How many times last week did you use the
following for class-related activities (check all
7. Do you own a computer?
8. If you own a computer, please answer the following
8a. How old is your computer? Median= 2 yrs
| 8f. Operating System:
| 8h. Printer
8k. Hard Drive size: median = 6GB
8l. Space available: median = 3GB
| 8g. CD ROM
|8i. Zip Drive
|8j. Floppy Drive
9. If the campus expected students to have personal
access to a computer that can connect to the Internet,
and to this end recommended that students own a computer,
would you purchase a new computer (choose one)?
10. When you have a choice, which of the following
platforms do you prefer(choose one)?
How often do you use an internet connection for class-related activities?
14. If each of these services were available to you, how useful (on a scale from 5, "Very useful", to 1, "Wouldn't Use", would you find it:
15. Which of the following Internet Service Providers do you use from home?
16. I would rate my skill and understanding in each of the following areas as:
17. Generally, how did you most often acquire these computer skills? (choose one):
18. When you have questions about using a computer or software for a class,
19.If you have a question relating to course content, what is your preferred way to find help?
20. What are your experiences regarding what you generally do in a UCD classroom?
21. What are you preferences for classroom activities (choose only the one activity that best represents your experience)?
22. What are your preferences with regard to each of the following learning environments?
23. Which of the following methods do you use to communicate when you are working with other students on a class project (check all that apply)?
|Meet in person||89.7%|
|project web page(s)||9.0%|
|Net meeting (on-line conferencing)||5.7%|
|wait and take it another quarter||74.4%|
|take it at UCD summer session||5.9%|
|take it at a different college/university||2.9%|
|take it on-line||13.2%|
An average of 51.9% of the classes respondents are enrolled in, have a course web page
27. Of the course web pages you currently use, think of the "worst" one.
28. For any of the course web pages, would it affect your grade if you weren't able to access them for some reason (e.g., there are resources that are only available on the web page and the page is not available because of hardware problems)?
|Yes = 51.4%||No = 22.2%|
29. How useful would you find the following features on a course web page:
|5 =Very useful||1=Not useful|
|Online, ungraded quizzes||4.23|
|Links to other sites||4.01|
|Proctored graded tests||3.76|
|Class e-mail archive||3.73|
|Access to information||4.54|
|Supporting different learning styles||3.96|
|5 = will use them for everything
mean = 4.25
|1= will never need them|